Various changes from the v2.6000 BETA
- Back end config editor improved; returns to search list after editing a setting without resetting filters to the string just edited. Also, the display details field is now used to form a dropdown menu with options for selection if present (this helps prevent putting invalid values in)
- Tax handling and rounding revised and improved, especially for US
- Some config settings removed because these things are now specified with more granularity elsewhere:
'general.tax.usmultistatetax' - now handled by the taxregime setting in web.config
'frontend.checkout.shipping.system' - now set within the banded system, allowing hybrid shipping systems (bands for some weights, methods and zones, realtime for others)
'frontend.checkout.shipping.taxband' - now set for each shipping method, or hidden for US/simple text as all shipping taxed
- Order and basket totals layout improved so extax/tax lines are above the total, each on separate lines. This avoids confusion with the old layout, where the extax/inctax totals weren't the actual totals of the numbers that appeared above them due to qty values.
- Fixed filtering and out-of-stock issues; filters on the text boxes for stock qty previously did not permit negative values, even though these can be reached (if site is set to allow purchase of out of stock items). Also, the stock task warnings failed to show items with negative qty as out of stock (as checking for zero, rather than less than 1).
- Mailing list sign up box added to last page of setup routine. It's optional, and just pulls a form on our site via iframe, so it won't impact performance if our site is unavailable for any reason.
- Some language strings updated to point to the user guide instead of refer to the PDF manual (which was replaced by the online userguide system).