This release contains some significant updates to improve attributes and options, especially with regard to the back end handling on stores with very large numbers of attributes and/or options. There are also quite a few other minor bug fixes.
- Fixed issue on top 'X' products on home page where two values were transposed leading to some items to error due to number values being larger than the limit for the data type.
- Added a config setting backend.homepage.graphs which can be used to turn off the back end home page graphs/data to reduce overhead on sites with huge numbers of orders or products, or where permissions are not available for the images to be written.
- Added dropdown menu list options for product and version sortdefault.
- Changed attribute and option sort fields (including the per product ones) to smallint from tinyint, this supports larger numbers and is important for sites upgraded from CactuShop where higher values can result in errors.
- Added a feature to the db backup page that shows the absolute path to the Kartris root. This is useful in some cases where absolute file references are needed.
- Fixed issue where reviews don't show where the product is set to 'enabled (no versions)' (which means reviews are per product rather than linked to specific version).
- Handle occasionally reviews that can be imported with null ratings, without crashing product page.
- Set default address type in db to 'u'. Otherwise imported CactuShop addresses cannot be viewed on the customer's record in the back end.
- Search box/filters added to back end attributes and options pages. Previously there could be many pages of these to search through making finding a specific one almost impossible.
- The attributes tab under a product used to show all attributes the store has, with the ones with values set expanded. This causes big problems on stores with huge numbers of attributes. We now check if more than 25 attributes, if so, as default we only show the ones with values ('selected' button). A search box can be used to find and add other attributes, which will then appear at the top so a value can be added for it.
Note regarding upgrading:
The changes to the sort by fields regarding some tables to be dropped and recreated. SQL Server blocks this by default. You will need to open Management Studio then:
Tools > Options > Designers
uncheck the box 'Prevent table changes that require table re-creation'.
After this, you may need to check and manually ensure the following fields are all of type 'smallint'. If not, you should now be able to make them smallint and save the changes from Management Studio: