This release introduces a new feature, stock notifications. This lets site visitors register to receive an email update when an out-of-stock item comes back into stock. Updates are automatically checked for and sent when a version is updated via the Kartris back end, either individually, from the stock warnings page, or from the mark-up-prices feature (with stock file upload).
Furthermore, if versions are updated externally such as from the Data Tool (which users the Kartris sprocs, but not the DAL and BLL code), a new task will appear in the task list that indicates there are newly updated versions to run stock notification checks for. There is a new page which lists the waiting stock notification requests (for items that are still out of stock) and also historical ones that have been completed (notifications sent to users).
- Added some experimental code to try to catch some conditions that can be fixed by an app-pool recycle, and recycle the app pool programmatically. There is a new DLL Microsoft.Web.Administration.dll in the Bin folder which provides the capability for this.
- FORCE ORDER added to counts in the spKartrisDBGetTaskList sproc for tasklist, makes it run much faster in certain circumstances. Thanks to TiggyWiggler for the SQL for this.
- Fixed couple of formatting issues for currency, now fixnull to db function for decimal doesn't set 0 to null.
- Added content type to Image.aspx; right click and view image on Kartris thumbs show if viewed directly in a browser now, previously only showed in a page, but were garbled text data if viewed directly.
- Serialization issue with promotions fixed (thanks to Craig, Deadline-Automation.com), workarounds (clearing promotions from basket before serialization) now removed
- Fixed issue with fixed value promotions not being triggered both ex tax pricing (spend £X, get xxxx).
- Various currency values still using single or double found and changed to decimal.
This version is BETA largely because of the scope of some of the changes. In particular new version field V_BulkUpdateTimeStamp and as a consequence, various version add/update functions in the BLL have changed.
EDIT: 21 Jun 2016
SubCategoryTemplateLink.ascx was corrupt, has been replaced.